CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sympathy Card Using the Wild Card Cart





Hello
I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday. This week has been kind of busy for me. I made this card for my cousin. She passed away last Saturday while attending the graduation ceremony for the local high school. I was sitting approximately 6-8 chairs away from her. She watched as two of her nieces graduated, then upon walking to the car; she simply fell backwards went unconscious and stopped breathing. The hospital is next door to the facility, but they were unsuccessful in reviving her. She was only 37 years old. She had some health problems, but no-one expected her to leave that way. I plan to give this card to her mom. Sympathy card are harder for me. I want to make them somber, but not sad. My prayers are with her mom,brother, sisters,and son.



recipe:

Wild Card Cricut Cart
PTI, Stampin Up! cardstock
DCWV patterned paper
ribbon (scraps)
MS butterfly punch and glitter marker
diamond stickles
Sakura white gel pen

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your cousin. This card is just beautiful. I think sympathy cards are the hardest to make but you did a great job.

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad, this card is sure to bring some peace. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete